Roaming Jack Singles Competition 2021
Roaming Jack Singles
Following a successful maiden competition last year we will be running the Roaming Jack Singles once again.
ENTRIES OPEN NOW.
Direct to Ed Morris in the Club Office, simply contact Ed by e-mail or phone.
Deadline for entries Monday 19th April.
£5 entry fee, cheque/BACs, open to all members. If you have no option but to pay by cash or card please contact Ed to arrange.
Competition provisional start date Monday 26th April, running for at least 2 weeks on weekday evenings or earlier by mutual consent.
For those who entered last year, the format will be EXACTLY the same this year.
Other Club Competitions will be held later in the season – the forms will be out in due course.
- No marker to be used.
- Jack must be cast to a minimum distance of 23m from the front of the mat, however it will not be centered at the start of each end.
- Strictly no touchers in play, a byproduct of having no marker, ie. the jack stays live in the ditch but all bowls are dead.
- Players to carry their own measure.
- If any queries in play cannot be settled by players the end will need to be replayed.
- Strictly a maximum of 1 visit to the head each end. Forfeit all remaining bowls yet to be delivered if this rule is broken.
- Winner will be first to 21 shots.
- There will be a group stage, guaranteeing entrants a number of games, followed by a knockout. Details will be confirmed after entries are received.
- Needless to say, social distancing to be maintained at all times, handshakes not required!