All League Games Cancelled
All Friendly Matches Cancelled
All Competitions Postponed
See below for full details....
The Essex County Bowling Club Management Committee convened an emergency meeting on Monday 16th March to discuss the implications of the Coronavirus continuing to spread across the UK.
The health and wellbeing of our members are considered above anything else, and with a large percentage of our members being in the key at-risk demographic we have decided to take the following action:
From Tuesday 17th March until the end of the season;
- ALL League games have been cancelled.
- ALL Friendly matches have been cancelled.
- ALL Club competitions have been postponed – it is not known when they can be finished but they have at this moment in time not been cancelled, however no games can be played in any competition until further notice.
- The Indoor AGM scheduled for Sat 21st March has been postponed, no replacement date yet.
- The End of Season Party has been cancelled.
- ALL outside functions, including large group meal bookings, parties, etc have been cancelled.
The Club does remain open for the time being, so roll ups continue should you choose to play in them. We would suggest extreme vigilance of the current Government guidelines if you do so (see below). The Kitchen and Bar remain open too for now.
This is an unprecedented National and Global level event that is changing every day, the Management Committee continue to monitor advice closely and will continue to act accordingly should the need arise.
Currently the guidance from Government is that club sport can take place but to implement the following actions:-
• Regular washing of hands
• Use of Alcohol based hand sanitiser
• Coughing or sneezing into tissues which are then immediately placed into a bin
• Don’t touch your face unless hands have been washed
• Members who develop symptoms or a cough to self-isolate
• Thoroughly wiping down bowls before and after use
• The shaking of hands pre and post-match to not take place
The latest guidance can be found at:
Sport England www.sportengland.org/news/coronavirus-information-sector
GOV.UK - www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
NHS - www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
ECBC Management Committee