Club Re-Opening - 7th December
As you no doubt are aware, our region of the country has been placed within ‘tier 2’ for CoVID restrictions. This means that we can re-open the Club on Monday 7th December but with some very strict conditions:
- Opening Hours – Monday to Friday 10am-7:30pm
- Sessions will begin at 10am, 12noon, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm – each will last for 90minutes; extending the gap between sessions for safety reasons. Players are expected to leave the Club immediately after the conclusion of their session.
- Online booking will be temporarily ceased, ALL bookings must be made by telephone to the Club Office (01702 338261) which due to staff holidays will only be manned between 10am-1pm Monday to Friday, starting from Friday 4th December – please do not leave a message, if you cannot get through then try again later, bookings must be made directly with the rink booker by phone and can only be made by paid members.
- Originally, we will limit each member to 2 bookings per week; 1 only at 10am due to the popularity of this time. We will monitor the demand for rinks and potentially change this.
- Bookings can only be made 1 week in advance.
- Members will be allowed to book a rink for 2 people (singles play) or just themselves, so long as they do not interact with people on other rinks. We encourage members to book for 2 people, rather than only themselves, to maximise rink usage and avoid unnecessary phone calls.
- NOTE – All existing bookings made up to this point have been removed from the diary.
- You must bring correct change of £3 to play, change is not likely to be available. The CoVID steward on duty will take rink fees.
- All previous existing rules at the Club are still in place, ie. Use of a face covering around the Club, one-way system in place, etc.
- Whilst still in tier 2, the Bar and Kitchen will remain closed (non-alcoholic refreshments can be brought in to the Club if required), and no members will be allowed to visit the Club if they are not bowling OR if they have not pre-booked.
- Members temperatures will now be taken upon entry to the Club. Anyone with a high temperature will not be granted access for safety reasons.
- No leagues/competitions to be played currently.
We realise there is a lot to take in, and it may seem archaic in places, but ultimately these rules will allow us to re-open, which is what everyone wants.
If you are not yet aware of the rules surrounding tier 2, please visit the Government’s website.
ECBC Management Committee – 3rd December